Lawyer vefa real estate law

Image Source: Unsplash



The legal point


According to the law, a consumer cannot ask for a refund of a product bought in a shop, unless the product is defective (see Articles L 211-1 and following of the Consumer Code).


On the other hand, the consumer can ask for a refund for a product he or she has bought in a shop (see Articles L 121-1 et seq. of the Consumer Code) if it does not conform or has a hidden defect (see Articles L 211-1 et seq. of the Consumer Code).


Online (by telephone, e-mail or other electronic means of communication), the buyer has a 14-day withdrawal period (see Articles L 121-21 to L 121-21-8 of the Consumer Code) after the conclusion of the contract (see Articles L 121-21 to L 121-21-8 of the Consumer Code).


If the buyer does not receive the goods within 30 days of purchase, he or she may cancel the transaction and be reimbursed (see Article L 121-21-8 of the Consumer Code).


When shopping online, it is easy to forget that there are bad actors who do not keep their end of the bargain. Sometimes retailers avoid paying you what they owe you under various circumstances. In some cases, your payment processor may be at fault in refusing to pay you back because you have not met their standards or because you have engaged in fraudulent activity. At other times, your retailer may simply be unwilling to cooperate in a timely manner by issuing a refund, for whatever reason. If this is the case with your shop, follow these tips to encourage them to restock your order and refund the missing money.



Talk to customer service

When you have a problem with a retailer, the first thing to do is to contact customer service. Most retailers have a 24/7 helpline that you can call to discuss your problem with a representative. If you are having trouble getting your money back, don't hesitate to ask for help. When you call customer service, use a polite and professional tone. You don't want the representative to see through your frustration and irritation. If you can keep your tone even and give the impression that you are calm and in control of the situation, they will be more likely to help you. Asking specific and focused questions will also help you get your money back more quickly. If you know that your payment processor is at fault and refuses to refund you, ask the representative if they can transfer you to the right department. If you know what category your order falls under, you can ask them to give you an override. If you know that your shop is short of money for some reason, you can ask them to restock your order and refund the money.


Use Google to search for the repayment period.

When you have been wrongly refused a refund, your first step should be to look up the time limit for making a complaint online. The time limit varies from country to country, but it is between 30 and 60 days from the date you were supposed to receive your refund. If you are in the United States, the time limit varies from state to state. For example, in California you must file a complaint within 45 days of the date of the initial payment, while in Ohio you have only 20 days. Once you know the applicable time limit in your state, you can search online for the applicable time limit in your state.


Making a complaint online

If you have searched online for the refund deadline and found the correct date, you can make a complaint to your payment processor. Each payment processor has a customer service department that you can contact by phone or email to make a complaint. You can find the contact details of your payment processor by visiting their website or by checking its social media page. Once you have filed a complaint, it will save you time as you will not have to search for the complaint resolution process yourself. You can file a complaint online by going to the payment processor's website and looking for a filing option on the 'Help and Support' page. Be sure to file a complaint before the deadline so you don't miss the filing deadline.


Contact the CEO of your retailer

If you have tried to make a complaint to your payment processor and it has not worked, you can try contacting the CEO of your retailer. Retailers have a lot of power in the marketplace and can make or break a brand. When you talk to the CEO of your shop, you are talking to one of the most powerful people in the industry. The CEO of a retailer is usually the person who signs the cheques and decides what to spend. When you contact him or her, you are likely to get an immediate response. It is important that you contact the right person. If you cannot find the name or contact details of the person who signed the cheques, you can contact customer service or make a complaint to the shop.


If all else fails, take legal action.

If you have tried all of the above but still cannot get your money back, there is one last option: you can take your retailer to court. However, it is best to do this only as a last resort, as it is expensive and you don't want to waste the resources of the people who worked hard to make your purchase. You can sue your retailer if : - They have committed fraud against you - If you have evidence that you have been wrongly refused a refund and the shop has committed fraud, you can sue them for the money you are owed. - They are in breach of contract - If you have evidence that the shop is refusing to give you a refund, you can sue them for breach of contract.


In summary

If you have been wrongly refused a refund, you should do two things immediately: make a complaint to your payment processor and contact the CEO of your retailer. If you have done these two things, you will have a much better chance of getting your money back. These tips to help you navigate the repayment process and get your money back as quickly as possible. Before you give up trying to get your money back and file a complaint, make sure you have tried to contact your payment processor and the CEO of your retailer. If all else fails, you can always take legal action.

This admin

About This admin

Lawyer in Antibes, registered at the Bar of Grasse. Intervenes throughout France. Labour law, Litigation at work. Real estate litigation and co-ownership law. Construction problems (VEFA,..)Fast, motivated and committed response. Do not hesitate to contact the lawyer in Antibes: Maitre Zakine. or to make an appointment online for a consultation.

Bookmark this page!

Contact the firm